Copper Eyeshadow Look

Monday, July 25, 2016

Hey everyone! I'm here with a little makeup tutorial for you. You know when you have nothing planned for the entire day, so you think, "Hey I'm going to do my makeup and I can actually take time doing it." Well, for me, today was one of those days. And you know what? I love how my makeup turned out and I had nowhere to go (except the grocery store).  It's always the worst when that happens. I don't know about you, but I don't want to waste a good winged eyeliner for nothing. That's why I decided to share with you this eye makeup look that you see below.




This is a coppery eyeshadow look that is great for everyday wear. You can also easily build it up for a night out. Using copper/bronze shades like this is perfect for blue eyes, those colors will make your baby blues pop. Below are all of the steps I used to create this look, however some are optional. 

Face: 

1. Apply your favorite powder all over your face
2. To add a little definition to your face, use a bronzer on the hollows of your cheeks (just below your cheek bone), your jawline and your nose if you'd like. You can also bring the bronzer up to the temples of your forehead, but I didn't do this since I have bangs. (Optional Step) 
3. Achieve that glow everyone has been raving about by applying any highlighter on your cheek bones. For more of that glow, feel free to apply more highlighter on your cupids bow and bridge of your nose.  (Optional Step).

For the contouring I used my Anastasia Beverly Hills powder contour kit in the shade light to medium. And bear with me on the contour. I'm new at it, so it doesn't look the best yet. 

Eyebrows (Optional):

1. Use a spoolie brush to get those crazy eyebrow hair going in the same direction.
2. Fill in with either a pencil or eyeshadow. I usually use a meter brown eyeshadow, but today I used a basic brown pencil.
3. To even out those brows of yours, use the spoolie brush again to brush through your brows in a upward motion, following the shape of your brow.

Eyes:

1. Use any primer or concealer (that's what I did) to prime your eyelids so your eyeshadow lasts all day.
2. Apply any metallic copper color all over your lid and lightly in the crease. I used L'Oreal's Infalliable 24HR eyeshadow in Amber Rush. This stuff works very well and it's easiest to apply with you finger.
3. To add depth to your crease, use any medium copper/brown colored eyeshadow. I used my L'Oreal Nude 1 Palette, specifically the shade five in from the left.
4. I added a little more depth by applying a darker coppery brown shade to my outer corner and slightly into my crease. Then I blended it all out.
5. For my highlight, I applied the lightest shade from the same L'Oreal palette (far left) to my brow bone and inner corner to brighten up my eyes.
6. It's probably no surprise, but for my eyeliner, I decided to do a cat eye. I used Maybelline's Line Stiletto liquid eyeliner in the shade brown black. This is my all time favorite eyeliner. The bendabe felt tip makes your life 100X easier when it comes to achieving the perfect winged eyeliner.
7. You can't forget to give your lashes a little love. I used my favorite mascara (and pretty much the only one I ever talk about), L'Oreal's Voluminous Butterfly mascara in the shade black.

Lips:

I kept my lips simple by just applying a lip balm. If you wanted to add color, a light pink lipstick would compliment the copper eyeshadow well.

If you try this look out, tweet me! I want to see it! 

2 comments:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)