Covergirl Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm Review!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Wow..the name for this product is a mouthful! I recently picked up two of Covergirl's lip balms. I originally bought these because I had a $3.00 off coupon when you buy two Covergirl products. I bought these at Kmart when they had their buy one get one 50% off sale, so I ended up paying around $5.00 for both of them!
There are so many colored lip balms in drugstores now! From Maybelline's Baby Lips, L'Oreal's Colour Riche balms, it can be hard to decide which one to buy. I've been looking for a product that is similar to baby lips, but has more colors to choose from. I love L'Oreal's colored balm, but $10.00 for one can add up quick! Covergirl's balm was $5.25 at Kmart, that's half the price! I'm not sure why I haven't tried these before, but I figured with the sale and coupon I had, now would be a perfect time to pick up a few!


The two colors I got are #text me and #sweet tweet. I didn't realize how different the names were compared to other products until I got home. I found this product to be extremely similar to Covergirl's Nature Luxe lip balms that were out a couple years ago. I'm actually really happy I tried these because I really liked the Nature Luxe balm until it was discontinued. 
Both colors leave your lips moisturized for about 2-3 hours, but the color doesn't last that long. As soon as you eat or drink the color fades quickly. I don't find this a huge problem for me because I can just re apply it again, but if you're looking for something to last all day, this might not be the best option for you. Since this is a balm, the color is on the sheer side, but you definitely can build it up. I like this about the balm because it makes it perfect for everyday wear. 

Below is what #text me looked like when I put it on.  

  
This is a pink/red berry color. I know I'll be wearing this A LOT for fall time! This color looks really dark in the tube, however when applied, it is definitely lighter. You can build up the color to look as dark as it does on the tube, it will just take a few coats! I like how this looks when it is left with one or two coats. This is great for everyday wear when you want some color, but not a bold lip. 

Below is what #sweet tweet looked like when I applied it. 


I like to think of this at a BB Cream for your lips! When I applied this, I didn't notice a big color pay off. It added a little pink tint to my lips, but mostly just some sparkle and glossiness. This is a perfect color for when you want to even out your lip tone or add a little something extra to them, but still look natural at the same time. This color is actually the exact same color as the Nature Luxe lip balm I used to get, it even smells the same (they smell really good)! 

Overall, I would purchase this product again. I saw that Covergirl just added a few darker colors that I would like to try! I would probably buy more of the medium-darker shades if I bought more because they won't appear as dark on your lips when you apply it. Due to the sheerness of the balm, the color will vary slightly depending on your natural lip shade. 

Let me know if you try these out and what you think!
~Caitlin 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)