Prom 2014!

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Spring time is here, which means it's that time of year again….PROM AND BALL SEASON! I know I'm not the only one out there who spends the remainder of the weekend looking through friend's prom pictures on Facebook. Everyone puts so much effort into that one special night, everyone ends up looking beautiful! Plus, what girl wouldn't love to get her hair done, dress up all fancy and have an amazing night with friends?!  Here are some pictures of what I wore to my senior ball last year.
To clarify: for my senior ball at my school most people wore short dress and for our prom which was junior year most people wore long dresses as well as myself. Senior ball and prom are basically the same thing, I just used pictures from ball because they are better quality than my prom pictures.




I wore a hot pink dress which included, a one shoulder strap, corseted back and a bubble skirt. My dress featured rhinestones in all different sizes on the top half and strap. I ordered my dress online, my shoes and all my jewelry are from JCPenney and the flower in my hair is from icing. Even though this dress was such a pain in the butt to get in and out of I really loved it!
This particular silhouette of dress would look best on our lovely triangle and pear shaped ladies. Now I know you're thinking, wait, how can this look good on both body types since they're complete opposite? Just wait, this makes sense!

For our triangle ladies:
The bubbling of the skirt makes it more full and it will help even out someone's body if they have broader shoulders or are wider on top. With this skirt you are drawing attention away from your top half. This allows you to achieve a more balanced look.

For our pear ladies:
This style works if you would like to make your lower half appear slimmer. The fullness of the skirt helps to mask your lower half. Since this skirt doesn't hug your curves people won't know how much your body fills out the skirt. This can trick people into thinking your lower half is slimmer than it really is! Isn't it wonderful how clothes can do that?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)