How to Wear Bold Lipsticks!

Wednesday, June 11, 2014


Over the last year, bold lipstick colors have become very popular! I thought I'd share with you 3 different shades and how I wear them!
Quick Tip: before I applied the lipstick I put on Maybelline's Baby Lips lip balm in clear to add additional moisture and smoothness to my lips.



1. FUCHSIA FEVER
 
The key to wearing any bold lip color means keeping your eye make-up simple. I think this is great if you're looking for a bold color to wear in the spring/summer time.   
I used my Almay smokey eye kit with my bright pink lipstick to achieve this look. 


I started with a nude base all over my lid, crease and brow bone. Then I went in with the darkest shade in the Almay palette and smudged it into my upper lash line and outer corner. It's a little hard to tell, but I added some of the  medium gray color in my crease. Last for the eye shadow I used the lightest color on my brow bone and inner corners of my eyes. Using a white/cream  shadow with a little bit of shimmer in your inner corners is a great trick to open up your eyes and make yourself look more awake! 
To finish off my eye makeup I applied a coat of L'Oreal lash out butterfly mascara. This stuff is fantastic for achieving long lashes with no clumps, I highly recommend it! To top it all off I applied Maybelline's Fuchsia Fever lipstick. Here's my completed look! 

2. ON FIRE RED

Red is a classic lip color that can be worn anytime of the year! A great tip for finding the right shade is if you have pale skin or pinkish/cool undertones like I do, find a blue based red lipstick, sounds crazy right?! This means your lipstick will have cool undertones and might not be as vibrant. If you have warm/yellowish undertones (these people are usually tanner…think Selena Gomez) then you should use an orange based red lipstick. This lip stick will be more brighter and be more orangey red.  
To create this look I used my Urban Decay Naked Basic Palette, Maybelline line stiletto liquid eyeliner in brown/black and the same L'Oreal mascara that I previously used. 


I started by taking the shadow, W.O.S and applying it all over my lip, crease and brow bone. Then I went in with Naked 2 and put that on my outer corner and into my crease. Next I applied Venus on my brow bone and inner corner as my highlight. Make sure you use your highlight color to blend out your crease shadow, you don't want harsh lines! Then I applied a thin line of my liquid eyeliner to my upper lash line, winging it out at the end. After that I went over my eyeliner with the Faint shadow. This softens the liner and lightens it up. I worked this same color into my outer corner and a little bit in the crease. Then I applied my mascara. Lastly, I finished my look with my Maybelline On Fire Red lipstick! 



3. EVERLASTING IMMORTALITE
This color is really dark and normally I wouldn't choose it for myself, but I had it left over from dance competitions so I experimented with it this past fall and winter time and I ended up really liking it! This makes a perfect dark berry fall/winter color! 
To create this look I used my E.L.F little black book palette, Covergirl's Everlasting Immortalite lipstick and the same L'Oreal mascara. 

 
I started off by applying W.O.S from my Urban Decay palette all over my lid, crease and brow bone (you can use any nude eye shadow for a base). Then I applied the light/medium brown shadow all over my lid and crease. It's the shadow in the top right corner on the left side of the palette. This shadow has a little bit of shimmer in it which I really like! Then on my brow bone and inner corner I applied the shimmery champagne color. It's the shadow in the top left corner of the palette on the right side. I finished my eye make-up by applying one coat of mascara. I kept this eye look SUPER simple because the lip color is so intense. To apply this lipstick I dabbed it on my lips instead of swiping it on. This helped me get a muted version of the color. You can build up this lipstick to make it however dark you like. 
 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)