How to Fight Frizz This Summer

Wednesday, June 17, 2015


Summer is my favorite season, but with it comes those extra hot, sticky days. Sometimes this can lead to my hair turning into a poofy mess that can be hard to tame. Here are some tips that work really well for me to help fight the frizz in the summer!

1. Don't touch your hair while it's wet
    This can be hard to do, but this is a good tip no matter what time of year. Try limiting the amount of times you touch your damp hair after you get out of the shower. The more you touch it, the more frizz will occur.

2. Use a Frizz Serum
    This is a life saver for me! Make sure to pick up a serum that uses oils such as, argan oil or coconut oil, I've found they work the best for me! Some really good ones are Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti Frizz Serum, Pantene Pro-V Smooth Hair Serum and OGX Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil. Apply your serum of choice from the mid hair shaft through the ends. Make sure you don't apply more than 1-2 pumps (depending on how much hair you have) so your hair doesn't appear greasy. I use the OGX Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage Serum. I really wanted to try a product with coconut in it because of the amazing benefits! I was a little skeptical to try this because it was anti-breakage, but after reading reviews, I thought I'd give it a try and I am SO glad I did! This is my favorite serum I've used and it leaves my hair frizz free and soft with a nice light coconut scent.

3. Use a Comb After Applying Serum
    Most people usually just use their hands to distribute the serum through their hair and assume it's distributed evenly without even using a comb, I'm guilty of doing this too! After you use you hands to put the product in your hair, use a wide tooth comb to comb through your hair to ensure all of the product is evenly distributed. You don't want to miss any spots!

4. Let Your Hair Air Dry
    This is a tip I do all year round and you should too, especially in the summer unless you're in a hurry. If I'm not using a round brush, blow drying my hair seems to always lead to excess frizz, no fun! Ditch the blow dryer this season, you'll be left with healthier, less frizzy hair!

Here's to a summer of frizz free, smooth hair! WooHoo!

-Caitlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)