NYFW Fall 2015!

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Since New York Fashion Week recently came to a close, that means another week went by where I was wishing I could be in NYC. I wanted to share with you two of my favorite collections that were shown during the week!

Erin Fetherston's collection was among one of my favorites for this season! Her collection is called Wildwood. Fetherston said she was inspired by fairytales, which gave a different perspective to her girly dresses that she is known for. Many darker colors were used, like, deep turquoise, burgundy and black with florals mixed in. Maybe this was because I have fairytales on my mind, but these colors remind me of the M.A.C Maleficent line they had about this past summer. I could see myself wearing a majority of the pieces from this collection, which is why it's probably one of my favorites! In the fall and winter time I love wearing burgundy and I find myself wearing black more often, this collection is very fitting! I feel that turquoise is a color that can be worn all year round and it's flattering on everyone, so I was really happy to see that color incorporated! Whether it was a light weight chiffon top paired with an A-line floral skirt on the runway or a black shift dress with lace embellishments, I love how she kept a romantic feel across the entire collection! Here are a few of my favorite pieces and trust me, it was SO hard to narrow my favorites down!






 

Like always, I loved Kate Spade's collection! Deborah Lloyd, the chief creative officer for Kate Spade was inspired by the magical stories of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Fantastic Mr. Fox. Lloyd said she "always keeps the clothes whimsical and fun"(style.com), but because of her inspiration, the vibrant hues Kate Spade is known for were toned down. 
The collection was a great mix of menswear inspiration and bright prints and pops of color. The collection included many boxy coats, some with eye catching plaids, neutrals. and striking colors like pink and red. Something different that was seen throughout the collection was fur accents on the garments and accessories. This is where the inspiration from Fantastic Mr. Fox comes into play. 
I really really loved that in this Kate Spade collection, lots of plaid ranging from bright reds to neutrals were used. I think this is great because in the fall time my love for plaid definitely sky rockets! 
What I think is perfect about this collection is the fact that Kate Spade stayed true to her look she's known for with t-length skirts, oversized coats and girly accents while sprinkling in fur accents and an array of bold and neutral plaids! I would 100% wear almost everything from the collection. Once again, I had trouble narrowing down to just a few of my favorite looks, but hey, I think choosing 8 out of 30 looks isn't too bad. 














0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)