Late Night Dreams

Sunday, March 8, 2015



It's going on 1:00 AM, I'm listening to my Ed Sheeran pandora station and I cannot stop thinking about my upcoming trip to New York City to attend Teen Vogue's Fashion University. In a matter of four short days, I'll be in one of my all time favorite places for one of the things I love most, fashion.
 
I should probably start of by explaining what Teen Vogue Fashion University is. Once a year, Teen Vogue puts together a weekend full of fashion events and seminars with some of the hottest people in fashion. To go to TVFU you have to apply and then anxiously wait for an acceptance letter. Back in 2012 I almost applied and by almost I mean I had half of the application filled out, but decided to wait. When the application came out this year, I jumped right into filling it out, hoping to snag what felt like, a once in a lifetime spot at TVFU. After filling out the application I didn't realize until a few weeks later that it never actually went through, so after a couple tries, I finally got my application to submit. All that was left was to patiently wait...

About a week later I received an email saying that I have been accepted to TVFU as a design and styling major. I COULD NOT believe that I would actually get the chance to attend TVFU, oh my gosh, so much excitement! This event always seemed like something I would read about on the Teen Vogue website and wish I could be there too, but now it was reality! The fashion industry is competitive and my dream of interning at Teen Vogue and dream job of being a fashion market editor doesn't make it much easier. Being accepted to Teen Vogue made me feel like I was one step closer to achieving my goals. I can't wait to share with you what this upcoming weekend brings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)