Kate Spade 2014 Collection!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kate Spade's new collection came out last week, let's just say I am completely OBSESSED with it and right now I wish I was not a poor college student. The collection was inspired by their month in Buenos Aires. The collection focus's on a pink floral print, that is used throughout, yet it still has the traditional Kate Spade feel that everyone loves! I'm going to share my top 5 favorite pieces from the collection with you!

1. Cedar Street Floral Maise
This is the floral print that is featured throughout Kate Spade's collection. I saw on twitter they handpicked the flowers in Buenos Aires to create the print, I know, it's crazy! Let's just say if I had $298.00 to spend on a bag, this would be in my hand right now. Kate Spade added a fun twist on her traditional leather maise bag! I love everything about this bag, the structure, style and print. I think it is the perfect size and I love the fact that it can be worn on your arm, shoulder or as a cross body. I know one day I'll own a Kate Spade bag, but one can dream until then, right?

2. Denim Kimberly Dress 
We are seeing denim EVERYTHING becoming popular lately, especially for this upcoming fall. This denim dress is a perfect example of how denim is much more of a statement than just your pair of jeans.    My favorite part, the embellished peter pan collar adds uniqueness to the dress. This makes the dress feel a little more fancy, however, it can still be worn casually too. I can definitely picture myself wearing this with a pair of printed ballet flats for the summer time or tights and oxfords in the winter time. This is a very versatile dress and I know it would make a perfect fit for any romantic's closet! 

3. Encrusted Petals Statement Necklace 
Statement necklaces are hugely popular right now and I think this one is adorable! I love the pink tones in this. I can picture myself wearing it with a denim shirt and black jeans for a casual outfit or a plain dress or chiffon top with a high-waisted skirt for a dressy look. You'll definitely be making a statement anywhere you go with this necklace on!

4. Jacquard Cupcake Skirt  
This adorable A-line skirt rightfully earns its name by taking on the silhouette of a cupcake! It is my favorite Silhouette of skirt, so when I saw this on the Kate Spade website, I knew I would wear it all the time if I owned it! High-waisted skirts are my favorite, I find them so comfortable! If you look closely you can see big rose prints on the skirt. That is another reason I love it so much! I would pair this with colored tights, a black or white chiffon top and s matching statement necklace with ballet flats.  I think putting a cropped sweater with this skirt would be fun. It would be neat to see how the different textures look together! 

5. Katerina Heels 
So if anyone wants to donate to the Caitlin needs Kate Spade shoes fund you're welcome to at anytime! Just kidding of course, but seriously though, these shoes are perfect! I've honestly never seen lace used like this on a shoe before. I love how there is no lining on the sides, allowing the lace to be accented. The lace and bow adds a delicate touch to the shoe. This shoe would look great with the Denim Kimberly Dress, and add some colored bracelets to accessorize! I would definitely wear that outfit! I would wear this shoe with a pale pink A-line dress, long necklace and most likely a matching headband. 

*All pictures are from Kate Spade's website www.katespade.com

Go check out her entire collection, it's fantastic! What are some of your favorite items from it?

~Caitlin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)