I'm in a New York State of Mind

Saturday, September 3, 2016


Hi beautiful readers! I've officially been living in New York City for two weeks! For those of you who are super confused, sitting at your computer thinking, "I thought she went to school in Pennsylvania?" let me explain. 

I went to Mercyhurst for my freshman, sophomore and junior years of school and studied fashion merchandising there. My school has a visiting student program with the Fashion Institute of Technology, which allows me to study at F.I.T my junior or senior year if I want to. I chose to spend my senior year in the Big Apple, so that's exactly what I'm doing! I'll be graduating in May (yikes...thats scary) with a bachelors degree from Mercyhurst and associates degree from F.I.T, so there's not much to complain about there. While I'm here in New York, I'll be studying advertising and marketing communications. 

When I moved to New York, I had a week to explore the city with two of my best friends, Sophie and Natalie,  before classes started. There was so much we wanted to do, so we started crossing things off our list right away. But let me tell you, when you want to spend a limited amount of money, it's amazing how hard and easy it is to find activities to do. Sure, you can find countless museums and parks to go to for free, which are all really awesome. But if you want to do a more "typical" New York activity, like the Empire State building or see a Broadway show, it's going to be expensive. 

We did so much exploring and walking; I loved every minute of it! We went to Greenwich Village and Washington Square Park, tried the black ice cream at Morgenstern's Finest ice cream, had a picnic in Central Park, explored Times Square, and even went to the DNCE concert when the band was on the Today Show. 

At the end of the week, my fourth roommate, Ceci moved in! Of course, we did even more exploring with her! We checked out Cha Cha Matcha to see what all the hype is about (personally, I wasn't a big fan), went to The Highline and Chelsea Market, and The Met. Oh, I can't forget about our second adventure in Central Park where we found a castle. I'm probably leaving out activities, but check out some of the pictures I took during our adventures! 


I can't wait to explore more of the city and try new things out. I'm going to try to keep you updated about life here in New York at least once every two weeks, so keep your eyes peeled for that. I have to admit though, it is a little weird being at a different school, having different professors, and not having all of my friends here, but I'm so happy to be living in the city. I'm so excited to see what the rest of the school year has in store. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)