New York Fashion Week

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Life in New York has been pretty great, but two weeks ago in particular was just a little more exciting (okay, ALOT more). If you didn't already know, New York Fashion Week was two weeks ago! Through my internship at New York Girl Style Magazine and F.I.T, I had the opportunity to attend three shows and volunteer at one. I've always wanted to go to fashion week, so being able to do this was incredible! Oh, and let me tell you, the street style really is as fabulous as it looks online. Everyone put on their best outfits and shuffled around from show to show. It's also crazy how many photographers were there. I guess I never really thought about that, but someone has to capture the fashion on the streets, right?



The first show I went to was called Jeans for Refugees, which was actually on the first day of fashion week. I thought it was super interesting. Johny Dar, who created the brand, takes jeans which are donated from people like Anna Wintour and Karlie Kloss, and then paints them and embroiders them. After that, he sells them and all of the proceeds go to various charities. I love the concept of it! It's an innovative way to recycle garments, while helping others in need.





KYBOE! was the second show I went to. KYBOE! is a luxury watch brand. Their watches come in a wide variety of colors and sizes. It was really neat seeing how the watches were displayed. Obviously the models wore the accessories down the runway, but the watches also were displayed on hand mannequins that circled the runway, sort of like a stylish conveyor belt. This was such a fun show! It had a fun/party vibe and really upbeat music.





The third show I went to was Orlando Dugi and Patricia Michaels. This was a joint show between the two designers. Both designers showcased evening wear lines with gorgeous gowns. Dugi's collection was a  little more traditional for what you would think of when "evening wear" comes to mind. For Michael's part of the show, her collection was more eclectic.  For this show, I was able to sit in the balcony, which I actually liked a little better than being flat on the ground. I had great view of all the looks, and best part of all? There weren't rows of heads in front of me!




Did you have a favorite show from fashion week, or get to attend any shows yourself? Let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)