Covergirl Clean Matte Makeup Review

Friday, August 12, 2016

Hello beautiful readers! Last week, I made my way over to Target (surprise, surprise) and I picked up Covergirl's newest collection: Clean Matte. The two piece collection is made up of a bb cream and powder.

After trying out the Maybelline Dream bb cream over a year ago--and wasn't a fan--I thought it was about time to give this makeup product another try. I didn't want to hand my wallet over to Sephora, so I figured I would see what the drugstore had to offer.


After a little research, I decided to try out Covergirl's Clean Matte  bb cream. This is an oil-free product that evens out your skin tone, hides blemishes, doesn't clog your pores and keeps your lovely skin shine-free all day long. Oh and you know what? It's suitable for sensitive skin (shoutout to all my sensitive skin girls out there. Yes!). In addition to these wonderful benefits, it only costs $6.99.


Covergirl is not lying one bit about these claims. This product is amazing! I was actually surprised I ended up loving it so much. Normally I'm not one to wear a foundation. Since I have sensitive skin, dealt with acne for a while and don't like the feeling of a heavy foundation on my face, I would just skip this step all together. Recently, I wanted a product that would even out my skin tone on days I felt like wearing a little extra makeup, but most importantly, I wanted to make sure I wouldn't breakout from it. As it turns out, this bb cream fulfilled all of my makeup hopes and wishes.

The bb cream felt so nice; it was like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all! I would describe it as a light-weight foundation. It kept me shine-free all day, which is pretty amazing, since I have slightly oily skin. And that claim about it evening out your skin tone? It does that in the most natural looking way possible. I give this product 10/10 stars, so basically go treat yourself and give it a try. 


The Clean Matte powder worked extremely well for me too. I was originally going to pick up the Covergirl sensitive skin powder that I usually use, but I think this product replaced it, so I bought this one instead. There is nothing to complain about here. It is your basic pressed powder, which leaves you with matte finish for a very long time. It looks like this little compact receives a 10/10 as well. 

What kind of a review would this be if I didn't show you the finished product? Here is the bb cream and powder, along with the rest of my eye makeup and lipstick for the day. 


You should all run to Target right now and buy this bb cream and powder. I absolutely love these two products! They're an amazing quality for an even better price. 

I want to hear from you! If you have any questions, or try out either of these two products, tweet me or comment below. Have a lovely day! 

1 comment:

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)