Spring Makeup Tutorial

Friday, April 15, 2016

Hello lovely friends of the internet! Mother nature FINALLY started giving me that sunny warm weather I've been dying for. Spring has officially sprung. Plus, I'm typing this outside right now and it's 65 degrees, so there's no complaining here.

When a new season rolls around, I love making little tweaks to my makeup routine. Whether it's adding a bold pink lip or playing around with pastel eyeshadows, trying out new looks add excitement to that same old makeup routine you've been wearing.

For this eye look, I used my Naked 3 palette. All of the rose gold and pink shades make this the perfect combination for spring.  This palette is a bit of an investment, but I 100 percent recommend it.  The eyeshadows apply smoothly, blend well, and are nicely pigmented.This palette lasts a ver long time too, so what can be better than that? You're definitely getting your money's worth. However, if you're not ready to make the big splurge, CoverGirl and Maybelline have very affordable dupes!

Face:

1. I don't usually wear heavy foundation, so I just applied a powder where ever I was shiny. I definitely want to start experimenting with the whole contour trend though. For this step, apply your foundation or any face product as you normally would.

Eyes:

1. Start by priming your eyes; you don't want that eyeshadow to dance down your face later on. I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion, but here's a little fun fact for you: concealer works just as well.

2. Apply Limit all over your eyelid.

3. In your crease, lightly apply Nooner (this shade builds up fast).

4. To add a little depth to your outer corner and crease, apply a mix of Liar and Factory. I did this very lightly because I wanted some color pay off, but I still wanted it to be a daytime look.

5. Now it's time to make those eyes of yours sparkle. Apply Trick to the middle of your lid. Since this shadow has a little bit of glitter in it, it's going to apply just a tad differently than a matte shadow would. For the easiest application, use a flat eyeshadow brush and pat the color on to your lid. This will give you the most product at a time.

6. Adding the highlight color is my favorite step when it comes to applying my eyeshadow. Who doesn't want glimmering eyes, am I right? Take the shadow Strange and apply this to your brow bone. This is the perfect time to blend your crease color (Nooner) if it came out a little too harsh. After you've blended until your hearts content, take that same highlight color and apply it to your inner corner. This instantly brightens those bad boys right up.

7. You've made it. You finished the eyeshadow; that deserves a pat on the back. Now, it's time to make those lovely lashes of yours luscious. You can use any black mascara you prefer. My favorite is L'Oreal's Butterfly mascara.

Lips:

1. To complete the look, you have to add a lip color. I've been obsessed with NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. The one I used is the color Milan. This is a liquid matte lipstick, and you know what? They're a whole lot cheaper than the Kylie Jenner Lip Kits. This lipstick by NYX is great because even after the product wears off, the color stays around for a long time.


It's time to take a well-deserved selfie because your eye's haven't popped this much in a while. Maybe you'll do this, maybe you won't. Either way, you should congratulate yourself for successfully completing a makeup look. Hooray!

The Finished Product:




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)