My VMA Red Carpet Recap

Monday, August 31, 2015

On the night of an award show you can usually find me scouring Twitter, checking out the red carpet looks. I love seeing what all of the celebrities wear and who is best and worst dressed. 
Last night was the 2015 Video Music Awards! Like I'm sure many of you did too, I tuned in to MTV at 8pm to watch all the stars walk the carpet. Most importantly, I could not wait to see Taylor Swift's Wildest Dreams music video, which I loved! 
From some of the craziest to most elegant looks, I'm here to show you my favorite and least favorite looks of the night! 

Favorites:


Vanessa Hudgens showed up in a lovely Naeem Khan dress. This dress screamed her name, one hundred percent! Vanessa is known for her signature bohemian style  so it was no surprise to see Vanessa in this ensemble. The floral design on the dress accompanied with longer necklaces and bangles added the bohemian feel. Vanessa completed her look with signature loose waves in a half updo. The only thing I wish was different is the shade of the dress. It seems a little too close to her skin tone. Overall, I really like this look and it definitely fits her style! 


Demi Lovato is nothing less than confident in this stunning skin-tight dress. Demi looked AMAZING in this geometric print, light pink and nude dress. 
I love the simplicity of her look. I'm glad she wore minimal jewelry so the focus stayed on her dress. Another thing I love about her dress is the proportion. The long sleeves mixed with the mini skirt adds a touch of elegance to her look. She looks sexy, but isn't showing too much skin. 
Since Demi is on the shorter side, the plunging neckline was a good choice for her. It elongates her face and torso, which helps her look taller.
I'm really loving this look. It all looks SO good on her, including her makeup! 


Greer Grammer wow'd everybody in this berry colored dress. I think it's the perfect color for transitioning from summer to fall.  I noticed that I tend to like the more simplistic red carpet looks. I think it's because a simplistic look shows the celebrities beauty in a more elegant way. 
Greer's dress features a plunging neckline with a long handkerchief skirt. The neckline and slit on the side shows just the right amount of skin without being too scandalous. Since the neckline is so low, I wish she wore a longer silver necklace instead of a collar one. 
This dress looks great on her and the silver accessories look superb with it!

Least Favorites: 


I know Kim Kardashian is pregnant, but I think she could have done way better than this. The dress isn't a flattering color, the lace up neckline is a little bazaar and the pockets on the hips don't make much sense.
If Kim opted for an A-line or baby doll dress, it would have suited her much better. Let's hope she looks better on the next red carpet. 


Ciara arrived at the VMA's in a very confusing look. I'm not quite sure what is going on here. Is it a dress? Are there shorts under there? The fringe seems a little extreme for me, I'm not really liking this look. I think it would've looked better if less skin was showing on top and middle and then cinch the waist in. This way the fringe would mostly be part of the skirt instead of draping across the entire body. 


The host of it all....Miley Cyrus. Miley is known for her crazy, out of this world wardrobe choices. It was no surprise Miley walked down the red carpet in a close to nothing outfit. We can only hope Miley shows less skin on her next red carpet appearance, but nobody can really know what to expect from her.

Who wore some of your favorite and least favorite looks of the night? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)