3 Fall Trends to Start Your School Year in Style

Thursday, August 13, 2015

As soon as the calendar turns to August 1st it feels like there is a little robot in everyone's brain that turns on the switch for back-to-school mode. Working in retail makes this hard to avoid, but I can't help but notice the earlier and earlier arrival dates for back-to-school supplies, clothes, everything! It's crazy that I'm already going back to school in two weeks, I'm excited, but it also feels like summer went by faster than I could blink.

Even though I'm not looking forward to starting schoolwork again (EWW), one thing that always gets me excited about the new school year is the fall fashion! I absolutely love seeing what new styles are in stores, what is popular, what the "in" colors are. Plus, who doesn't want to treat themselves to a new outfit before heading back to school?  I can't forget to mention with fall comes scarves, layering and did I mention scarves?! Here are three fall trends to ensure you start your school year in style! 


1. Booties

Don't say goodbye to your lovely riding boots yet, just make a little extra room for a new pair of booties! I love how this style of shoe is so versatile. They look great with a casual outfit, yet you can dress them up for a night out. I'd say booties are the most popular style of shoe for the fall! 


(starting clockwise) American Eagle, JCPenney, Macy's, Forever 21 


2. Denim Skirt / Jeans 

To be honest with you, I'm still a little iffy with the denim skirt trend. I've seen so many people in magazines and on Instagram wearing these types of skirts. I think they look cute on, but I'm not quite sure if I can pull this trend off. Part of me is like "hey this is cute, wear it" and another part of me is like "oh no this is middle school all over again, don't wear it". I might try some of these on and see how they look, but if you have one, go wear it with confidence because you have the guts to pull it off! 


(starting clockwise) H&M, Forever 21, Macy's (American Rag), Top Shop


As we saw in spring and currently in summer, the 70's has had a major influence in fashion. The 70's trends are being carried over into fall fashion, it definitely isn't leaving anytime soon! Flared jeans which were huge in the 1970's are reemerging, looking hotter than ever! Flared jeans aren't particularly my cup of tea, but if you're into them, they're definitely a staple for your fall wardrobe! 


(starting clockwise) Express, American Eagle, Charlotte Russe, JCPenney 


Girlfriend jeans are another new fall trend that are becoming quite popular. This style is more relaxed than your traditional skinny jean, yet it isn't as baggy as the boyfriend jean. These are great for an effortless, yet put together look! To complete your effortless look, be sure to pair them with flats, a stylish sneaker or a pair of heels! 


(starting clockwise) Express, H&M, Express, American Eagle 


3. Printed Leggings

This is a trend I'm really liking for the fall! Adding a print to a classic pair of black leggings is a unique twist to revamp your outfit! Try pairing a pair of printed leggings with a solid color tunic or a duster sweater to complete your look! 


(starting clockwise) JCPenneyAmerican EagleAmerican EagleMacy's 


What are some of your favorite trends for fall?







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)