D.I.Y: All Natural Coconut Coffee Body Scrub

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Making your own beauty products like a face mask or body scrub can be such a fun and affordable alternative to a store bought version. Plus, the ingredients are often more simple and better for you; I'd say that's a win-win.

I first made this coconut oil and coffee body scrub last year and it works so well. The coffee is a great exfoliant that washes away dead skin, while the coconut oil leaves your skin moisturized and very soft. Plus, both ingredients are full of antioxidants which are very beneficial to your skin.

                         




















When I recently ran out of my scrub I was using before, I knew I had to make this one again. My favorite part? It's extremely easy to make! All you will need is a jar of coconut oil, coffee grounds and a container to mix/store your scrub in. I picked up this organic extra virgin coconut oil  from Trader Joe's and this coffee from. 

Step 1: Microwave your jar of coconut oil for 40 seconds.

Step 2: Once oil is melted, mix with coffee grounds in your jar. You can adjust the coffee to coconut oil ratio based on how much exfoliation vs. moisture you want. I eyeballed the ratio, and then added more oil and coffee as needed. 

Step 3: Allow coconut oil to solidify again, then your scrub is ready to use!



As a side note, if your scrub separates after is solidifies, just mix it up before using and then you're good to go! 

I recommend using this scrub twice a week. However, if you're like me and have acne-prone skin, I wouldn't recommend using this on your face. I tried it one time and unfortunately it did make me breakout, but hey, I had super soft skin! The coconut oil will keep your skin moisturized for 24 hours after use--that's without applying lotion after your shower. Amazing, right?


I'd love to hear if you try out this scrub! Let me know in the comments below or tweet me @CaitlinRedd13 if you do. 

Have a beautiful day! 

2 comments:

  1. Aw such a cute make! I really want to try this, it sounds such a great and affordable way to make a scrub, I have all of the ingredients in my home already :D your blog is the cutest! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (PS I’m hoping I might be able to entice you to follow each other on bloglovin haha xD)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. I am a regular visitor of your site and appreciate you taking the time to maintain the excellent site. I’ll be a regular visitor for a really long time.
    coconut oil hair treatment

    ReplyDelete

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)