California Dreaming in White

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Happy First Day of Sumer friends! With every new season comes a new trend or clothing item I can't get enough of. And this season, it's this white dress I recently bought from the Beauty and the Beast collection at JC Penney.


When I went shopping, I saw this dress on the rack and immediately fell in love. The dress was on sale, but it was still a bit pricey, so I figured I'd wait to see if it went on sale. I ended up going online and there was an additional discount plus free shipping--that's a win-win if I ever heard one--so of course I ordered it.  

My dress arrived the day before I left for my trip to Los Angeles, so the timing couldn't have been any better. I'm so happy it came before my trip. I have to admit, having a new outfit to wear on vacation is a pretty great feeling. 


In the summertime, you can never go wrong with a trustee white dress. As ironic as it sounds, white is such a popular color right now. If you're unsure what to wear, put on a monochromatic white ensemble and you'll be good to good! Plus, a white dress matches everything, so what's not to love about that. 

My absolute favorite part of this dress is the detailing. The lace on the bodice and the ruffled tulle skirt makes the piece feel so much more unique; I LOVE it so much. The neckline is one of my favorite parts too. I'm used to having a scoop or v-neck on my dresses, so having a higher neckline is a nice switch. 



To complete my look, I paired this dress with my gold sandals. I kept the rest simple. I didn't want to go overboard with accessories because I really wanted to make sure all focus was on my dress. Hey, too much of one thing is never good anyway. 

I can't wait to wear this dress even more the summer. Do you have any certain clothing items that you'll be wearing a lot this season? Let me know in the comments below! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)