A Minnie Mouse is making a Huge Splash in the Fashion Industry

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

What would you do if I told you my style was influenced by a mouse? I'm sure you are all familiar with the Walt Disney icon, Minnie Mouse. Known for her ultra girly polka dots and dazzling bows, Minnie has been impacting fashion like no other.

Over the past year, designers such as, Kate Spade, Lauren Conrad, and Cath Kidston have released Minnie Mouse inspired collections. Hey, I don't blame them. Being the huge Disney fan I am, I'm always drawing inspiration from various characters and Minnie happens to be my favorite! Who knew one little mouse could make such a big footprint in the fashion industry?


The newest Minnie Mouse collaboration is with Olympia Le-Tan. The line will be sold exclusively at Uniqlo stores. The collab was announced at Minnie's annual Rock the Dots event. Rock the Dots is an event, which was started by Disney in 2016. In fact, Le-Tan designed Minnie's blue polka dot dress pictured below. The magical event celebrated a collection of art and fashion inspired by our favorite mouse.


This past Sunday (on National Polka Dot Day to be exact) Rock the Dots took place at Disney Springs in Florida. The day featured live performances, exclusive discounts at stores, and photo opportunities. I really wish I could have been there. I mean, how much fun does this event sound?

While I'm here, telling you how much I love Disney and how Minnie Mouse inspires my style, what kind of post would this be if I didn't give you a little outfit inspiration? Below are three outfits to show you how to rock your dots! These looks are great for every day wear, and with the addition of some ears, they're perfect for a trip to any Disney Park!




How do you like to rock your dots? Let me know in the comments below! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)