2016 Favorites

Saturday, December 31, 2016

We've made it! 2016 is coming to an end and it's time to welcome in 2017! I can't for the New Year; it's a fresh start and many exciting things are happening!

While there are still a few hours left of 2016, I thought I would look back at some of my favorite , fashion items, beauty products, and songs from the past year.

Fashion:


1. Leather: Ever since I moved to New York, I have worn my leather skirt pictured above SO much. It's very versatile and matches pretty much everything, so what's not to love?

2. Floral Romper: I don't have this exact romper, but it's pretty darn close. This romper was my go-to this past summer. I loved wearing it with a lace barrette and either pair of sandals or kids.

3. Ankle Booties: I don't know what I'd do without these shoes. This past fall and what we've had of winter so far, these booties are my go-to shoe. Whether I'm wearing a casual, professional, or going out outfit, these shoes are perfect for any occasion. Plus, they're very comfortable, so that's a huge  bonus.

4. Light Pink / Blush: Pink has always been my favorite color, but this past year, I have been loving the light pink blush shade.  I incorporated this color in everything from my clothes, purse, makeup, and even my laptop case, so it's safe to say I'll be sticking to this color for a while.

6. Bodysuits: You know the struggle. You're wearing a skirt or high waisted pants and you're constantly re-tucking your shirt in. That is such an annoyance, so luckily bodysuits were huge this year! It's basically like wearing a dance leotard as your shirt, but it makes life so much easier and you can find some very cute ones.

7. Athleisure: You probably won't catch me dressed in full workout gear unless I'm actually going to the gym, but I definitely jumped on to the sneaker and legging bandwagon that came out of this year's athleisure trend. I have a couple pairs of cute sneakers in addition to my Adidas Superstars and living in New York, I'm happy this trend came. It's such a comfy option, plus it's cute!


Beauty:

1. L'Oreal Palette Nude 1: I bought this palette earlier last year, and I have to say it was probably one of my most used palettes. There is a great variety of shimmer and matte shades, which allow me to easily create a day or nighttime look. This is definitely a great buy!

2. Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit: 2016, the year of the crazy contour. Over the summer I learned once and for all how to actually contour. I love tis palette because there is a variety in shades, which allow me to control how light or dark of a contour I want. Plus, it's a powder, which works so much better for my skin.

3. ColourPop: This brand was HUGE in 2016. Beauty gurus everywhere were ordering their products left and right. The online only brand became popular due to it's affordable prices and high quality, oh and it is a great dupe for the oh-so-popular Kylie Lip Kits. I ordered three lipsticks this year: Ultra Satin Lip in London Fog, Lippie Stix in Juice Bar, and Ultra Matte Lip in 1st Base. If you haven't already, definitely order a couple; they're fantastic!

4. Face Masks: My roommate got me really into face masks over the past couple of months. The Feeling Beautiful brand is great because there are many different kinds to choose from, they're very affordable, and you get a big tube of them instead of an individual packet like many masks.

5. CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream: Finally! I found a foundation, well BB Cream, that works with my skin. I have sensitive skin, so sometimes foundation make me breakout and it's super annoying. Over the summer I figured I'd try out CoverGirl's new BB Cream, which is specifically formulated for oily skin (aka me). I ended up  loving it! It creates a flawless, light-weight finish. I even forget I'm wearing it half the time. Definitely pick it up if you have oily or sensitive skin like me.

6. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream: I'm such a lipstick junkie, I'm constantly trying out new brands and formulas. The Soft Matte Lip Cream is another lipstick I loved this past year. it's affordable, isn't drying, and lasts a long time. Basically, it's everything a girl could want in a lipstick. The liquid formula was extremely popular in 2016, so if you're looking for  kind to try out, pick up this NYX liquid lipstick.


Songs: 

I'm constantly listening to  music, so I'm always on the hunt for some new tunes. Here are 20 of my favorite songs from the past year. I know, 20 sounds long, but it was hard to narrow down.

1. Stone Cold - Demi Lovato
2. 11 Blocks - Wrabel
3. Me & My Girls - Selena Gomez
4. Good Girls - Nick Jonas
5. Fix - Chris Lane
6. She Sets the City on Fire - Gavin DeGraw
7. Cheap Thrills - Sia
8. When We Were Young - Adele
9. Send My Love (To Your New Lover) -Adele
10. Million years - Lady Gaga
11. Pay My Rent - DNCE
12. Hands To Myself - Selena Gomez
13. Body Moves - DNCE
14. Church Bells - Carrie Underwood
15. Touch - Nick Jonas
16. Revival - Selena Gomez
17. Annalee - Gavin DeGraw
18. Be Like You - Ed Sheeran
19. Are You With Me - Easton Corbin
20. Cake By The Ocean - DNCE

What were some of your favorite things from 2016? Let me know in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)