Review and Fall Tutorial: Sephora X Minnie Mouse Eyeshadow Palette

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Thanks to Instagram I bought more makeup, well, sort of. While I was scrolling through my endless feed of photos, I found out the Minnie Mouse collection for Sephora was on sale, so what did I do? I went straight to Sephora's website and ordered the eyeshadow palette from the collection. I have been wanting this palette for a while now, but couldn't see spending $48 on it when I already had other palettes, so when I saw it was on sale I HAD to purchase it. I was really surprised with how quickly it came too. I bought it with standard shipping and I received it two or three days after ordering it, which was super exiting!


The eyeshadow palette is polka dotted on the outside and looks like a clutch, it's adorable! You can actually remove the eyeshadows and mirror to use it as an actual clutch if you wanted to. I love how it looks together, so I probably won't be doing that. Each eyeshadow has a name related to the girly mouse; it's so cute!


I've never tried the Sephora brand of eyeshadows before, but they turned out to be really great! The colors are highly pigmented and last all day. I thought they blended well too. The palette is a combination of matte, shimmery and sparkly shadows. There is also a wide range of colors from light and dark browns, to bright yellow and different shades of purple. To be honest, I'm not quite sure how I'll wear the yellow--or if I ever will--but I love having the variety of finishes and colors, it makes it super fun to try out new looks.


Tutorial:

When it came time to do my makeup the day after the palette arrived, I dove right into it. Below is the first look I did using these colors. I was going for a fall vibe when I did this look, but I didn't have anything planned out. I ended up really liking how it turned out, so I figured I'd add a little tutorial with the review.


1. Like any eyeshadow look, start by priming your eyelids so your shadows stays slide-free. I used Maybelline Fit Me concealer.

2. I applied the shade "Put a Bow On It" (matte nude) all over my eyelid

3. Next, I took my trustee crease brush and worked "Flirt In a Skirt"(matte medium brown) into my crease

4. To add a little bit of depth, I took a very small amount of "Pick Me Up At 8"(matte dark brown) and lightly applied it to my crease. Since the shadows are highly pigmented, it's important you keep this color light for the look, that way it won't look too harsh.

5. Now, this is wear that fall vibe comes into play. I applied the shade "Miss Minnie"(shimmery red) on my mid to outer crease. It is extremely important to blend this color so you're not left with a harsh line in the middle of your eyelid.

6. Next, I wanted to tie in the shimmer from "Miss Minnie" into the crease colors, so I took the shade "Some Like It Dot" (shimmery copper) and applied this on my outer corner and blended into my crease.

7. To finish off the eyeshadow, I used "Red Carpet Arrival" (shimmery nude) as my highlight. I applied this on my brow bone and my inner corner to brighten up my eye.

8. After getting my eyeshadow in place, I decided to go for a winged eyeliner. I used Maybelline Line Stiletto in brown-black.

9. Just like any eyeshadow look, I completed it with a couple swipes of my favorite mascara: L'Oreal's Voluminous Butterfly mascara. 

The finished look:


If you recreate this look, or even try out your own with this palette, I'd love to see pictures! Be sure to    use the hashtag #MinnieMouseFallLook so I can seek your look too! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)