NYFW Fall/Winter'16: Day 1

Sunday, February 14, 2016

I know I'm already a few days behind, but I'm going to be doing something a little different for this season of New York Fashion Week. I usually post about a few of my favorite shows from the entire week, to change it up, I decided I'm going to post my favorite show from each day of NYFW.

NYFW kicked off Thursday, February 11th. My favorite show of the day was Katie Ermillo.
This show featured 19 evening looks. The garments were neutral shades, consisting of black, white, navy, and taupe. When I was looking at the looks on Vogue Runway, the one thing that stood out to me was Ermillo's ability to design for a women's body. Her body skimming silhouettes are flattering on all body types; they hug a women's body in all the right places. Ermillos collection could be described as timeless with a twist. She created a unique spin on classic floor length evening gowns and little black dresses by mixing textures. Her combination of lace and fur was one of my favorite aspects of the line. Below are five of my favorite looks from the show.






I'm really loving the mixture of romantic and edgy touches that are portrayed in the line. I can't wait to see what the rest of NYFW brings!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)