Is it worth the hype?

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Over the last month I've noticed a new trend emerging for spring and summer....PASTEL HAIR! It started when a bunch of celebrities were dying their hair platinum blonde, now I'm seeing pastel hues all over the internet! Stars like Julianne Hough, Hilary Duff, Kylie Jenner and YouTuber Amanda Steele have all been rocking this trend recently! The different colors may look pretty, be unique and a good option if you're looking for a dramatic change, but do you think it's worth all the hype?

To achieve the light color you need to bleach your hair first. This is done with many harsh chemicals that can be extremely damaging to your hair. Bleaching your hair causes your hair to become very dry, weak and dull. It can cause a lot of breakage too. To keep up with the pastel shade, you'll have to repeatedly bleach your roots to obtain the color.

Personally, I wouldn't do this to my hair because: 1. I don't think I can pull if off and 2. I don't want to bleach my hair. If you're dying to be rocking these pastel hues this summer, but don't want to damage your luscious locks then hair chalk is a great alternative! Demi Lovato has said in interviews that she uses hair chalk to achieve her brightly colored, always changing hairstyles.

What are your thoughts? Do you think this new hair trend is worth damaging your hair?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)