3 Meditation Apps to Find Your Most Relaxed Self

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Go ahead, take a deep breath. We all need to relax anyway. Between work, managing a social life, and fitting in a few sweat sessions, our lives can get pretty hectic. One thing I've learned this past year is how important it is to take quiet time for yourself even if it is just five or 10 minutes a day. This is where meditation comes into play!

Having an app to help you meditate makes it so much easier. I have to admit though, when I first started meditating it felt a little awkward and weird, but as I did it more and more it turned into my best coping mechanism for anxiety and it made me feel really really good.

Below, check out the three apps I use when I want to get my zen on.

1. Headspace
This app is great for beginners who have never meditated before. There is a free 7-day program for meditation newbies, which guides you through your meditation, and let me tell you, it's super helpful when you're not quite sure what you should be doing. This app taught me a lot about meditating. One thing I really like is how you can change the time of your session between 3 to 20 minutes depending on how much time you have. 

2. Calm



With guided meditations for stress, gratitude, self-esteem, and work, this app has so many 7-day courses you can go through to become more mindful in life situations. I love how this app has many specific situations that you can pick from, so you're able to improve in whatever area of your life you need to be calmer in. The only downside are the limitations you have before paying. For free, you can only do one session from the seven days of gratitude, stress, and self-esteem courses. The three sessions I did were so good. If it weren't for the pricey subscription, I would be using this app every single day.

3. Insight Timer


Insight Timer is my go-to app for meditating. There are thousands of various guided and unguided meditations you can choose from. There's everything. Literally. You can choose to do meditations for sleep, anxiety, starting your day, and so much more. There is also a huge variety of various times. I mean, you can meditate for as short as one minute to 90 minutes. I know, pretty crazy, right? Oh, and I can't forget, this app is completely free. That's right, all of the meditations are 100 percent free!


4. Sanity & Self


Whether you want to meditate or you need a little self care in your daily life, this app has you covered! While you will have to pay to use every single feature, this app offers a lot of free guided meditations and motivation compared to other apps. A really neat thing about this app is inclusion of lifestyle techniques like beauty tips, stretching / exercises, and ways to de-stress.

All four of these apps are a great place to start if you're looking to add a little mindfulness into your life. Meditating just 5 to ten minutes a day will have such a positive impact on your life. Trust me, you'll be surprised that such a short amount of time can really make a bid difference in your entire day. Go ahead, for just 1 week try mediating with any of the apps above. I'd love to hear what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)