Fresh Summer Makeup Look

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Towards the end of May / beginning of June I got some new makeup! Playing around with new products is always so much fun, so I was extremely excited to try out the makeup.

While a bold red or hot pink lip is always fun, I love creating natural makeup looks that can easily be worn day or night. And what better time to do this than summer? My goal was to create glowing skin with an eye and lip that was flattering for my features. Oh, and I wanted to add a little more definition to my eyes than normal.

Here is the look below!




There's no need to keep you waiting, let's get into the tutorial!

Face:
1. Start by applying any light-medium coverage foundation / BB cream. I used CoverGirl's Clean Matte BB Cream.

2. Apply cover up under your eyes, on any blemishes, and on your eyelids as a primer. My favorite is Maybelline's FitMe concealer. Its very affordable, lasts all day, and offers fantastic coverage!

3. Next, powder your entire face with any loose or pressed powder. Pressed powders are my favorite; they're practically mess free. My go-to is CoverGirl's Clean Matte Compact.

4. Blush has been my latest makeup obsession. I applied a mixture of a pink and peach blush from Woosh Beauty's medium-light Fold Out Face palette to the apples of my cheek.

5. Last but not least: Highlight! I applied a shimmery pink-toned highlight from the same Woosh Beauty palette. Since I have cool-toned skin, this highlight is a lot more flattering on me, rather than a gold one. Apply the highlight on the high point of your cheek bone, cupids bow, and brow bone.


Eyes:
1. Apply a light shimmery copper shade all over your lid. I used the same Fold Out Face palette.

2. Using the L'Oreal Nude 1 palette, I applied a deeper copper/light brown matte shade in my crease to add depth.

3. To add even more depth to the look I applied a dark shimmery brown shade from the same Fold Out Face palette as before.

4. To line my eyes, I skipped eyeliner and used eyeshadow for this. I took the matte black shade from my Fold Out Face palette with a liner brush and applied that on my top eyelid. Any matte black shadow will work for this!

5. Last but not least I finished off the eyes with mascara. Lately I've been loving Woosh Beauty's mascara.

Lips:
1. Pink is my absolute favorite lip color to wear. I used N.Y.X Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Milan and applied that all over my lips.

2. This summer I've been loving a glossy lip. To add some shine, I applied Woosh Beauty's lip gloss in the shade Pink Natural.

There you have it; one of my favorite summer looks I've been loving! If you try out this look tweet me a picture @CaitlinRedd13

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2015)